International Consortium for Trials of Chemotherapeutic Agents in Tuberculosis (INTERTB)
This page contains links to current and past meeting information
- Meeting for for World TB Day, 24th March 2007 at St George's University of London
(meeting home page,
World TB Day meeting agenda). The objectives of the meeting are :
- To review the current UK effort to reduce treatment duration with currently used drugs
- To review the current status of new drug development
- To discuss how both these efforts can best
be taken forward internationally.
- Workshop to be held in Durban, South Africa on the 5th, 6th and 7th March, 2007
- The workshop took place at the
Unit for Clinical and Biomedical TB Research of the South African
Medical Research Council, . Participants came from South Africa, Mozambique,
Zambia, Zimbabwe, Nigeria, Republic of Benin and Republic of Guinea.
- The workshop agenda addressed the
- Framing the research question and
preparing the protocol
- Statistical matters such sample size,
significance, and power
- Study procedures such as randomisation,
enrolment, treatment and follow-up.
- Data management and reporting the results
- Laboratory procedures relevant to the TB
- Human subjects protection as stipulated
by the ICH GCP Guidelines
- Intellectual property rights.
- Meeting to be held in Lima, 20-23 February 2006
- Meeting: CONFERENCE: NETWORK FOR TUBERCULOSIS RESEARCH IN LATIN
AMERICA. Lima, 20-23 February 2006. Enquiries please contact Mary Alexander
- Meeting to be held in Johannesburg in January, 2006.
- preparatory meeting of the participating centres.
The agenda is available here.
INTERTB Clinical Trials Programme plans to carry out a controlled clinical
trial to evaluate high dose rifapentine and a fluoroquinolone in the
treatment of pulmonary tuberculosis (RIFAQUIN TRIAL).
- Meeting held 7th - 9th March 2005 Cali, Colombia